Oral cancer is a deadly disease that can strike at any age and any person. Even if you care for your smile daily, you should be aware of its signs and symptoms.
While you may not have cancer, you should make an appointment to see your dentist if you have any symptoms listed below:
– Difficulty fully opening your mouth.
– Unusual or unexplained bleeding in or around your mouth, head, face, or neck.
– Numbness or loss of pain in your mouth or face
– Trouble speaking, eating, and chewing
– A wound or sore in your mouth that has taken longer than two weeks to heal.
– A lump or soreness in your throat that will not go away.
– Irregular bumps and lumps, rough spots, colored patches, or unexplained swelling.
If you have any of these symptoms, you should contact our office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Brock Barras at Barras Family Dentistry in Lafayette, Louisiana as soon as possible. We can be reached at 337-235-3395. We’ll perform a screening for oral cancer, and work with you to develop plan for your oral health.